The Odense company A / S Ovethi - Danish Tire Service - has entered as title sponsor, when Danish speedway history is written in august. Hereby Vojens Speedway Center is assured the optimum road grip, when the legendary stadium - after five years of stagnation – will host the international world-class race on august the 10th. The Speedway Euro Championship Ovethi 3rd round, Vojens.
Defending Danish European champion and recent Warsaw Grand Prix winner, Leon Madsen, together with the other SEC stars, in this year's series, will get the best conditions for making a good figure in the race that marks Vojens Speedway Center's return as international speedway mecca.
- We are proud and happy that such a respectable and strong brand like Ovethi is now entering and supporting the opening of the new era in Vojens, says director Jacob Olsen from Speed1way, who runs the Danish national speedway arena.
- We know Ovethi from their long-standing commitment in Danish speedway, and we know it is a solid company in strong growth and operation. Ovethi's profile fits perfect with the Danish speedway environment, emphasizes Jacob Olsen and refers to Ovethi's commitment to several clubs and riders such as Peter Kildemand and U21 national team captain Frederik Jakobsen.
Ovethi's director Thomas Thinggaard also sees a clear synergy between speedway and the company's many local departments.
- Most of our customers are generally interested in motorsports. But speedway has the special hallmark, that you get close to the stars, and are able to get autographs and pictures. We strongly emphasize this kind of openness, says Thomas Thinggaard.
- At the same time, the first race in Jacob Olsen's new leadership, also means something to Ovethi. We would not miss the chance of contributing to the creation of speedway history, says Thomas Thinggaard.
A / S Ovethi - Danish Tire Service - was founded in 1954 and currently employs approx. 70 employees. The company imports and markets all recognized quality brands in tires, rims and wheels for all purposes. For passenger cars and vans, 4x4s, trucks, agricultural machines and the industry.
Jan Konikiewiecz, the co-owner of SEC organizer One Sport, is also pleased with the new sponsorship.
- We feel very happy to see that SEC round in Vojens got its’ title sponsor. It just proves that Jacob Olsen and his team are doing great job and their professionalism visible from the very first sight, now is giving fruits and effects.
- The most important for us will be to organize great round in Vojens together, to show to the people event which is going to be one of the most important events this season, at this legendary venue. SEC 2019 is about to start very soon, and we are already looking forward to August 10th- as Vojens is the place to be!