Our interlocutors are the fair gender representatives. Their task is not only to look good, but primarily, they have to cheer the riders. Now, you’ll get to know SEC Girls’ point of view at one of the most dangerous sports in Europe.
In the third part of our conversation, we’ll get to know Patrycja Bagińska’s point of view. She’s 23-year-old SEC ambassadress, and last year, for the first time, she was a part of the speedway competition. What is her impression? Does she want to continue her „speedway career”?
As a SEC Girl, you often had possibility to visit a lot of speedway stadiums…
- Yes, of course. For me, the greatest is Motoarena in Toruń. You can feel the epic atmosphere there. Supporters make a lot of noise and cheer as hard as they can. If you add one thing to another, you create one of the best speedway places on the world.
How did you start your journey with speedway? Somebody told me that it was just an accident.
- That’s true. One day I saw a casting add. I was thinking for few minutes and decided that I’ll try to start. I like to take new challenges and try something new in my life. At least I’m not bored.
Is that work tiring? After the end of meeting, did you have to stay on stadium for a long time?
- Competitions are not tiring! It’s the best connection of work and fun – only pleasure. Even if I was feeling tired, it was positive feeling. After all we stayed only for some minutes to talk and take photos with our fans.
The SEC ambassadress title bring you fame? You can go out without any problems, or you have to ward off a lot of fans?
- I think that fans are coming closer when we’re in the SEC Girls group. That was my first season, so fans can meet me. I’m pleased when somebody comes and asks for a photo or remembers my name. After every meeting I’m getting a lot of messages too. That’s a nice feeling!
Did you meet some riders?
- Yes, but I hope that during this season I’ll meet them closer. Now I can’t say who is my best mate. I admire and like all of them.
Do you think that speedway is a discipline for the hardest men? Our previous interlocutors was Sinem and Dagmara and they think, that girls have to be approved for the competitions.
- I think girls are right. Some women love adrenaline, speed, rivalry. I want to try it too. For me every sport, including extreme, is as good for men as for women.
For the end, do you want to tell anything to women connected with speedway?
- Girls! With you, this sport is more interesting. You can show them that speedway is not only for guys. I applause all of you. Keep it up!