Vaclav Milik became winner of the third round of Speedway Euro Championship 2017, which took place in Hallstavik. Thanks to many points he collected, Czech rider advanced to the second position overall. According to Sam Ermolenko, rain, which came through Sweden on event's day, made fans witness a passionate meeting.
"Sudden Sam" thinks that we had some unusual situation in Hallstavik. Rain, which caused a longer break, worked in a different way than usual. After pouring, several paths for racing appeared.
- I know Hallstavik well as I raced there back in 2006, The weather effected conditions, but from experience I think it made the racing better, as the surface is normally on the slick side.
Despite a positive influence of rain on the track's condition, American thinks that this surface did not have a decisive meaning when it comes to final results.
- I believe the riders had more options on the day making for some good racing lines… the rain helped after the track grading was done as if it was a new track!
Round was on by Vaclav Milik and further places were taken by Andzejs Lebedevs and Andreas Jonsson. According to the points they gathered, it was Swede who was the top rider of the night - Jonsson won 4 single heats.
- It was nice to see Andreas Jonsson come alive on his home track, AJ set the pace and the and Andzejs Lebedevs work well under pressure to sustain his lead in the overall standings, ok Vaclav Milik impressed me as had a fabulous final to beat AJ and Lebedevs but again equally Lebedevs holding on to 2nd and the top of the leader board was perfect … Kasprzak started off with a heat win but just couldn’t get settled with two 0 point races – I know he is better than that!
Before the final round of Speedway Euro Championship 2017, which will take place in Lublin, Andzejs Lebedevs has a 4-point advantage over Vaclav Milik and 6 points over Andreas Jonsson and Artem Laguta.
- I think Lebedevs got keep his focus until the end as the 4-points can easily not be enough … this will be a good test of his mental race game. Plus, I think it was AJ’s last chance and now the next test will be Lublin, where he has chances to reach for medal - American ended.
Tickets for the final round of SEC 2017 (16/09/2017 Lublin) are available. They can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/SEC_final_Lublin_tickets.
Normal 55 PLN
Reduced-fare 40 PLN
Normal (with discount) 40 PLN
SEC Lublin start list:
1. Krzysztof Kasprzak #507 (Poland)
2. Mateusz Szczepaniak #58 (Poland)
3. Martin Smolinski #84 (Germany)
4. Kenneth Bjerre #91 (Denmark)
5. Andzejs Lebedevs #129 (Latvia)
6. Andrey Kudryashov #9 (Russia)
7. Vaclav Milik #13 (Czech Rep.)
8. Artem Laguta #2 (Russia)
9. Przemysław Pawlicki #59 (Poland)
10. Adrian Miedziński #20 (Poland)
11. Wild Card
12. Michael Jepsen Jensen #52 (Denmark)
13. Leon Madsen #66 (Denmark)
14. Andreas Jonsson #100 (Sweden)
15. Mikkel Bech #177 (Denmark)
16. Kacper Gomólski #44 (Poland)