Speedway World has been waiting for it for years and finally it has become a fact – in September 2018 speedway is coming back to Stadion Śląski in Chorzów (Poland) thanks to two big-time events: Speedway Euro Championship and National Polish Team’s match.
- Ladies and gentlemen, it’s actually happening! After 15 years, speedway is coming back to Stadion Śląski – Marshal of the Silesian voivodeship – Wojciech Saługa said at the press conference.
- It’s a huge challenge for us, which we’ve been preparing to for couple of months. We’re going to get world’s top riders to Chorzów – Karol Lejman, President of One Sport.
Meetings at the Stadion Śląski will be taken next year, but already in a month, fans can expect another information about events’ organization.
- In a month, we will present visualization of the track, which will be prepared in the beginning of September 2018 – Jan Konikiewicz, Vice-president of One Sport said.
Stadion Śląski is not only an important place for the Silesian voivodeship, but also to the history of Polish speedway. It was here, when in 1973, Jerzy Szczakiel got the first gold for Poland in the Individual World Championship.
- By building this stadium as a multifunctional venue, that’s what we cared about – to organize various events. We’ re really happy that speedway is coming back to Chorzów – Krzysztof Klimosz (President of Stadion Śląski).
Wolfgang Srb, President of FIM Europe also couldn’t hide his joy coming from this big comeback.
- FIM Europe pays a big attention to quality of their events. Plus, Poland is a really strong federation. You have a strong national team and a great organization in the union. What One Sport has been doing is really amazing! These are young people, who are doing their job great and most importantly they love this sport. Chorzów is an incredible place, I’m hugely impressed with this stadium – see you
in September 2018 – Wolfgang Srb (President of FIM Europe).
- I would like to say that I’m sure that these events will be a huge success. We started our cooperation with One Sport few years back and I can admit and we were not wrong. As a union, we’ve been supporting European Championship. I am sure that One Sport will handle this challenge and in September 2018 we will witness a great show – Piotr Szymański, President of the Main Commission of Speedway Sport.