On Monday we got to know the names of two riders who have received permanent wild cards to start in this year's Speedway European Championships series - they came to Martin Smolinski and Antonio Lindbaeck. Earlier the best Polish rider in history, Tomasz Gollob had also received the invitation to SEC. Thus full starting list of Individual European Championships is already known.
Born in Rio de Janeiro Lindbaeck is one of the most distinctive speedway riders in recent years. For the representative of Lokomotiv Daugavpils and Indianerna Kumla "Toninho", start in this year's series is a debut in Speedway European Championships. Taking into consideration his knowledge of the tracks in Torun, Landshut and mainly in Kumla, as well as an excellent form this season, the Swede certainly can be regarded as one of the favorites to fight for the podium of the European Championships.
Smoli is currently the best German rider. Until now he has successfully combined starts on long and a classical track. As the first rider in the history of speedway he has taken part in two series Grand Prix (classical and long track).
Coming from Bavaria "Smoli" will certainly try to make a surprise and improve last year's result in SEC.
- The nomination process of riders to start with the wild card is a very difficult issue. We are confident that we've made the right decision with European Championship Bureau of FIM-Europe - both in terms of sport, the attractiveness of the show as well as in the context of the development of both speedway and the rivalry in Europe. We have no possibility to please everyone, and the number of places in the series is extremely limited. This year 15 riders from 7 countries will start in SEC: 5 Polish representatives, 3 Danish, 3 Russian and one rider from Sweden, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Germany. In less than two weeks we begin to battle for the championship of Europe which seems to be fantastic. This is certainly the strongest set of riders in the history of SEC series. We are on the point of exciting four tournaments, it is hard to even talk about the tournament favorites, because there are a few. We invite everyone to Torun on June 20th, - we’re starting to fight for the title! - says organizers from One Sport.
List of the participants of Speedway European Championships 2015:
The first round on June 20th in Toruń. The organizers have prepared very attractive ticket prices for June event. The cheapest tickets are possible to buy for 10 PLN! Additionally on the occasion of the end of school year it is possible to buy special “school ticket” for 2 PLN (available with a package with normal ticket) for green and yellow zone.
Ticket prices for the inaugural round of Speedway European Championships (20th June, MotoArena Toruń)
Normal ticket: 40 PLN
Reduced ticket: 20 PLN
Normal ticket: 25 PLN
Reduced ticket: 10 PLN
School ticket: 2 PLN *
* is valid only for green and yellow zone – it will be only possible to buy ticket additionally to normal ticket which means that a parent who buys normal ticket for green zone has a possibility to buy school ticket for 2 PLN
School ticket is valid only for people under 16 with school id.
Reduced ticket can be bought for children and teenagers under 18 and for students with id under 26 and for pensioners with valid id.
Children up to seven years old – free entrance with parents (without particular place at the stadium)
Normal ticket: 150 PLN
VIP ticket: 650 PLN
VIP ticket includes:
- a seat on the Main Tribune
- access to the VIP area with free catering and access to alcohol
- bag with gift
- event program
- entrance for after party
Additions to the ticket:
- Event program - 10 PLN
- CAR PARK "B" - 10 PLN
- PADDOCK PASS - 300 PLN
- MEET & GREET PRACTICE - 65 PLN
PADDOCK PASS package includes:
- Entrance to the paddock before the competition (between 3 p. m. - 5:45 p. m.), and after the podium ceremony
- Event program
- Invitation to the after party
Attention: PADDOCK PASS package does not entitle to enter the competition!
MEET & GREET PRACTICE package includes:
- entrance to the paddock after the official training (training will begin at 12:00)
- entrance for the official training
- autograph card
Attention! PRACTICE MEET & GREET package does not entitle to enter the competition!
Additives to tickets and packages PADDOCK PASS and MEET & GREET PRACTICES only available in online sales .
Tickets are available at www.eventim.pl and sales outlets Empik , Media Markt , Media Expert, Saturn in Poland.