This is the second consecutive year in which Adam Ellis is competing in the TAURON SEC series as a regular rider. The Brit has learned his lessons after a less successful first season, making him look much better now, but he still sees chances to improve.
After three rounds of TAURON SEC 2023, Ellis is in eleventh place with eighteen points scored. His best performance took place in Güstrow, where he finished eighth. Before Pardubice, the British rider had already scored more points than in the whole last year's cycle. Ellis admits that this is a much better season for him.
- This season has been much better for me than last year, but I still feel like I have more to give. I started good in Güstrow but made some mistakes with set-ups and left a lot on the table. The races in Częstochowa and Bydgoszcz were much harder for me, as I raced on them for the first time ever - he said.
In addition to TAURON SEC, Ellis is a league rider in Poland and Great Britain. In the 2nd division league in Poland, with an average of 2.085 points per heat, he ranks 9th among the most efficient riders. How does he rate his starts in the team of OK Bedmet Kolejarz Opole this year? Does he already have plans for the next season in Poland?
- I have had a good season with Opole, with an unfortunate drop in form in the last two meetings. I spent more time practicing in Poland this year, and I feel a lot more comfortable on these tracks. I want to push on and race in a higher league, but I don’t know what the situation will be for next season yet. I hope a good opportunity will come up - he revealed.
The last round of TAURON SEC 2023 is due upcoming Friday, and this time riders will compete on the track in Pardubice. Last year, the French-born Briton finished on 13th place. With what expectations will he approach the upcoming fight on the track?
- Of course, I want to finish in the best position possible. Pardubice is a track I have raced at a few times, so we have a basic set-up to start with, which is good. I like this track, the city and the people there, so I’m looking forward to going back there - he said.
The 2023 season showed that Ellis can compete with the best riders. He proved it during the Speedway World Cup, in which he caused many surprises and was a strong link in his national team.
- I like racing against the bigger names of this sport, and the TAURON SEC gives me the opportunity to do this. After every meeting in the cycle I’m thinking of how to improve and be better for next time. It definitely gives me the motivation and hunger to keep pushing - Ellis ended.
The title sponsor of the cycle is TAURON Polska Energia
Tickets for the final round in Pardubice are available for sale at speedwayeuro.com
1. Dominik Kubera #415 (Poland)
2. Janusz Kołodziej #333 (Poland)
3. Vaclav Milik #225 (Czech Republic)
4. Antonio Lindbäck #85 (Sweden)
5. Andzejs Lebedevs #129 (Latvia)
6. Leon Madsen #30 (Denmark)
7. Kacper Woryna #223 (Poland)
8. Grzegorz Zengota #29 (Poland)
9. Mikkel Michelsen #155 (Denmark)
10. Jan Kvech #201 (Czech Republic)
11. Dimitri Berge #98 (France)
12. Kai Huckenbeck #744 (Germany)
13. Andreas Lyager #114 (Denmark)
14. Adam Ellis #299 (Great Britain)
15. Patryk Dudek #692 (Poland)
16. Petr Chlupáč #16 (Czech Republic)
17. Hynek Štichauer (Czech Republic)
18. Matouš Kameník (Czech Republic)